We are a fast-growing food catering, lunch delivery, and virtual cafeteria service looking for a Business Development Associate to help us drive sales. The successful candidate will build the foundation of our Sales and Marketing initiatives and drive those efforts from A to Z.
The Business Development Associate must be comfortable articulating our products and services in both a B2B, and B2B2C context, in French and English. Cold calling, cold emailing, knocking on doors, and a rigorous follow up process and methodic conversation documentation are key to succeeding in this role.
The successful candidate will also have prior relevant food/grocery sales experience, thrive in a fast paced environment, be able to work with minimal supervision, and drive their agenda.
You have the following skills, experience, and abilities:
- You are a do-er. You get things done without someone guiding your every move.
- You think corporate but act startup.
- You like talking to people.
- You are used to getting rejected. As a matter of fact, you keep trying after being rejected.
- You have prior experience in sales, account management, and/or brand development
- You understand the sales process can sometimes be long, and successfully closing a sale takes persistence, patience, but also a solid understanding of your customer’s needs.
- You can put together a solid presentation and even better, you can articulate a product or service to a small group of executives, but also to a larger team of 200+ people
- You live by your inbox and you organize your days, weeks, and months through calendar invitations
- You love using sales software because it allows you to keep your days and follow ups organized
- You have the stamina to make at least 30 cold phone calls a day
- You can move around to go visit customers (having a clean driver’s license and a car is an asset for this role)
- You have previous experience working in the food industry, either in sales or other (an asset)
Selling and Influencing:
- Find new business; you will regularly cold call, cold email, and knock on doors to make this happen.
- Manage existing accounts; our existing customers need love too. You will spend some time nurturing these client relationships and checking in to see how they’re doing.
- We keep growing and building our brand. We continuously develop new products, and you can live by what our brand and ethos stand for
- Be able to identify new sales opportunities and build partnerships with other business or brands through visibility
- Come up with and execute marketing initiatives and leverage them into customer loyalty and sales
Planning and Self-Management:
- Put in place a structure, sales process, and sales plan
- Manage your own time including building effective weekly/monthly schedules
- Base salary
- Sliding scale commission
- Cell Phone
- Gas allowance
- Free lunch (of course)